Where can I go for technology support related to the studio?

How can I record slides or other media as part of my presentation?
  • If you wish to record a visual presentation in addition to the video, bring your own laptop to the studio. You can connect your device with the cable provided, and the studio will record whatever shows on your laptop.  Slides can be in any format you can present on your laptop (e.g. PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.).

What format will my videos be delivered in?
  • You will receive an email with links to four video files: the video recorded by the camera, the presentation on the screen, a side-by-side combined version of the camera and presentation, and a picture-in-picture combined version with a small version of the camera and a large version of the presentation.  All files are in MPEG-4 (.MP4) format.  

Where can I get help with video editing or related topics?
  • Check out the software and support resources available through Library Media Services. You can also request a consultation with a media librarian for help on your project: priority is given to students working on materials for a class; other groups may receive assistance as available.
  • YouTube Editor is a fairly simple tool that allows YouTube videos to be trimmed and even edited together.

When I tried to play my file, an error message reads: “Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.” What should I do?
  • We are aware that there are some compatibility issues with playback and editing of video files from the 1:Button Studios. Many of these issues will be resolved with an update to the 1:Button Studios that will be coming in the near future. In the meantime, the best way to resolve most issues with playback/editing is to process your video files via: mediahub.umn.eduAfter you upload the video for processing, choose Web HTML5 as your encoding preference. You will then receive an email with links to download/view the newly encoded videos.