Where can I go for technology support related to the studio?

What format will my videos be delivered in?
  • You will receive an email with links to three video files: the video recorded by the camera, the presentation on the screen, and a side-by-side combined version of the camera and presentation.  All files are in MPEG-4 (.MP4) format.  

Where can I get help with video editing or related topics?
  • Check out the software and support resources available through Library Media Services. You can also request a consultation with a media librarian for help on your project: priority is given to students working on materials for a class; other groups may receive assistance as available.
  • YouTube Editor is a fairly simple tool thay allows YouTube videos to be trimmed and even edited together.

When I tried to play my file, an error message reads: “Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.” What should I do?
  • We are aware that there are some compatibility issues with playback and editing of video files from the 1:Button Studios. Many of these issues will be resolved with an update to the 1:Button Studios that will be coming in the near future. In the meantime, the best way to resolve most issues with playback/editing is to process your video files via: mediahub.umn.eduAfter you upload the video for processing, choose Web HTML5 as your encoding preference. You will then receive an email with links to download/view the newly encoded videos.

279 Diehl Hall
612-626-4045

70 Magrath Library
612-624-2233

240 Walter Library
612-624-3366

Studio C, Rarig Center
612-625-6001

Technical Support
612-625-6001