This page has been deprecated. Please update your links to our new online resources and services for students page.

Find sources for research papers and projects from our website

Searching our website gives you access to millions of online journals, magazines, newspapers, ebooks, streaming videos and more. Access all our online services and collections as you do research remotely from lib.umn.edu.

Access online articles from anywhere in the world

You should be able to get to most articles directly from:

Tip: If you use Google Scholar, be sure you connect to the full text of articles from U Libraries.

Can I chat with the Libraries? Can I ask anything?

Can I make a virtual or zoom consultation?

Tips for staying on track (and getting stuff done)

If you have questions or are feeling unsure, please reach out even if it’s a little thing. All over campus there are professors, instructors, advisors, and librarians available. We can help look up titles, gather research, help with strategies. There's a lot of staff connected online in various ways.

• Review these tips for online learning from Success.umn.edu.

• Be sure to take notes as you watch online lectures and Zooms. Yes, you can go back and watch again but taking notes the first time is more efficient. Learn about taking better notes from Effective U.

• Work to be efficient! Learn to level up on your concentration and memory from Effective U.

• Make a plan to keep yourself on schedule and keep up with work. This might be doing work during your same schedule or coming up with an alternative schedule. Try to maximize your work time for when you can be most efficient and effective (early in the morning? early evening?). Learn more from Effective U on managing your time.

• Read take a study break or be part of One Book | One Minnesota common reading (even if you are no longer geographically located in Minnesota).

Use Library Research Guides to start your research

Try the Assignment Calculator

• Enter your due dates into the Assignment Calculator. It will give you the research and writing steps with links to help. Sign up for text message reminders, too.

Online videos and tutorials

If you want more on how to find high-quality sources try some of these:

Explore all of the Effective U tutorials.

I’m off campus and don’t have my textbook and/or course materials with me. What can I do?

Let your instructor know. They can work with us to get a solution for the entire class. Also, check the Libraries website to see if we have it online already. If not, you can request a specific chapter or reading and we can work to get it. You can also chat with a librarian 24/7 or email us for more specific options to support you based on your situation.

University resources