Assistant Director, Minitex
Jolie O. Graybill joined Minitex in September 2014 as assistant director for Digital Initiatives & Metadata Education. The DIME unit is responsible for education and training related to digital, cataloging, and metadata education as well as core support for the Minnesota Digital Library. Prior to joining Minitex, Jolie served in two different positions at University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries for a tenure of nine years: first as a multicultural services librarian, where she supported faculty and students in ethnic and multicultural studies; and second as image & multimedia collections coordinator and associate professor where she promoted, supported, and coordinated UNL Libraries digital collections. She also worked at Northern Arizona University’s Cline Library for two years as academic programs librarian/social and behavioral sciences team leader.
Awards & Grants
Service to Professional Organizations
Selected Presentations & Publications
Deards, K. D., Graybill, J. O. (2014). The role of professional protocols: recruitment, retention, and service. In Deards, K. & Springs, G. R. (Eds.), Succession Planning and Implementation in Libraries: Practices and Resources. Hershey, PA: IGI-Global.
Graybill, J.O. (2014). Millennials among the professional workforce in academic libraries: Their perspective on leadership. The Journal of Academic Librarianship, 40(1), 10-15. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.acalib.2013.09.006.
Graybill, J.O., Carpenter, M., Offord, J., Piorun, M., & Shaffer, G. (2013). Employee onboarding: Identification of best practices in ACRL libraries. Library Management, 34(3).
Graybill, J. O., & Bicknell-Holmes, T. (2013). Location, location, location: impact of IM widget placement. College and Undergraduate Libraries, Summer.
Carpenter, M. & Graybill, J.O. & Jerome Offord Jr & Piorun, M.(2011). Envisioning the library's role in scholarly communication in the Year 2025. portal: Libraries and the Academy 11(2), 659-681. The Johns Hopkins University Press.
Martin, C. K., Maxey-Harris, C., Graybill, J.O., & Rodacker-Borgens, E. K. (2009). Closing the gap: Investigating the search skills of international and US students: an exploratory study. Library Philosophy & Practice, 2009. 1-17.
• Developing Staff Talent and Future Leaders, accepted presentation, OCLC ARC19 Library Futures Conference; Phoenix, AZ, Oct. 2019.
• The Changing Workforce: Preparing the Next Generation for Leadership, Oberlin Group Fall Meeting; Lewisburg, PA, Oct. 2019.
• Recalibrating for Stronger Leadership, Minnesota Library Association Annual Conference; Prior Lake, MN, Sept. 2019.
• The Digital Collection Differentiator, accepted presentation, OCLC Americas Regional Council Meeting; Baltimore, MD, Oct. 29-31, 2017.
• From Kaleidoscope to Digital Initiatives: Observation to Action, invited Keynote 2-hour session, Mobius Annual Conference; Columbia, MO, June 6-7, 2017.
• Describing Your Resources: the Why, What, and How, submitted/accepted 4-hour seminar to 10 attendees, Convening Great Lakes Culture Keepers Institute; Mount Pleasant, MI, Oct. 26-29, 2015.