Throughout the year, the Bell Library sponsors or co-sponsors a variety of special events: lectures, conferences, performances, receptions, and other cultural activities. Check this page regularly for new links and listings! And don't forget to investigate our Exhibits and Annual Lecture pages, too.
Celebrating Venice: At the Center
This special series offers a variety of events throughout fall semester 2016. In addition to our exhibit, The Bembos of Venice, we are offering 4 free public lectures and a special concert by the early music group ¡Sacabuche! .
- 4 October 2016: Elizabeth Ross, University of Florida: "Mapping Muslim Jerusalem in Late Medieval German Pilgrimage"
- 20 October 2016: Kathryn L. Reyerson, University of MInnesota: "The Fiftheenth-Century Mediterranean: Trade in a Transitional Time"
- 27 October 2016: Daniel K. Gullo, Hill Museum & Manuscript Library: "A Knight of the Italian Renaissance: Pietro Bembo and the Order of Malta"
- 1 December 2016: Francesca Bortoletti, University of Minnesota: "Visualizing Sanudo's Diarii. The Multimedia Festival in Renaissance Venice"
- 13 November 2016: ¡Sacabuche! performs Venetia 1500 featuring tenor Aaron Sheehan and Professors Ann Waltner and John Watkins, University of Minnesota. Tickets are $20.
Friday, October 21, 2016 Humphrey School, Room 50B 9 am to 5 pm