Harvard Business Publishing Course Materials
Harvard Business Publishing requires students to pay royalties to use their published materials.
Carlson School of Management Classes
Process: All CSOM students are charged with tuition for Harvard Business Publishing materials assigned as required readings.
- CSOM requires students to purchase Harvard Business Publishing materials for course use. Students are given access to these materials when classes begin and are charged for the number of items assigned.
- Faculty and CSOM administrative staff request access to HBP materials from the Libraries Copyright Permissions Service.
- Students will be charged for the materials from the University Bookstores.
- If you have questions, please see your department's administrative specialist or email email@example.com and we can connect you to the right person.
Using HBP Materials in Non-CSOM Classes
Option 1 Process: You can require all students to purchase the course materials. The cost for individual items will be approximately $3.40 per case/article.
- The Copyright Permissions Service staff will work with the University Bookstores to activate the charges on all students’ accounts who are registered for the course.
- You (or your designate) must communicate with all enrolled students before they are charged
- The Bookstores must receive approval from your departments’ RRC staff member. (Request for approval is generated after you’ve submitted your course list to the Libraries.)
- Students will access their materials, including HBP materials, via the Course Reserves pages.
- All questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 2 Process: You can individually set up a course on Harvard Business Publishing’s website. The cost for individual items will be approximately $4.25 per case/article.
- Go to the HBP site: https://hbsp.harvard.edu/home/ and either sign in or register for an account.
- Once you are signed in, create your course.
- Select the items you want added to your course.
- Share the URL of your list with your students.
- Your student will then pay HBP directly for the use of the content.
- While this is a non-mediated option, if you need assistance setting this up, please email email@example.com.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on the Copyright Information section of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.
This web site presents information about copyright law. The University Libraries make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information but do not offer it as counsel or legal advice. Consult an attorney for advice concerning your specific situation.