Not sure where to start writing your data management plan? Managing data in different disciplines can sometimes require very different strategies, standards, and considerations. Here are several examples of plans written across different disciplines to guide your own thinking.
Education and Human Resources
The NSF directorate lists several context-specific questions to consider when writing DMPs.
Health and Medical Science (Human Studies)
Physical Sciences and Engineering
The following links provide data management plans written for a variety of physical sciences and engineering research projects:
- Mars Global Surveyor Science Data Management Plan (1995)
- NSF 04-004. Division of Ocean Sciences: Data and Sample Policy
- Division of Earth Sciences: Implementation of the NSF Data Sharing Policy (2002)
- Office of Polar Programs: Guidelines and Award Conditions for Scientific Data (1998)
- USGS National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center
Social Sciences, Education and Survey Data
The following links provide suggested considerations when writing data management plans for research projects in the social sciences: