The library subscribes to many data archives and resources for you to find and access essential data for your research. The registries and guides below also aggregate freely available data resources for you to discover data and statistics.
Data registries and guides
- Library catalog - Search MNCAT Discovery for purchased or licensed data (hint: sort Material Type = “Statistical Dataset” or “Research Dataset”).
- Government Publications Data and Statistics - Locate government information and data across disciplines and geographic areas.
- Business and Economics Statistics - Find data and statistics on company financial information, industry performance, economic data, and related topics
- Spatial Data - Locate spatial and GIS data across disciplines, geographic units and areas, and sources
- Health Sciences Resources - Find sources of health data and statistics
Specific data repositories
- DRUM - Data Repository for the University of Minnesota, an open access repository for data authored by U of M researchers
- ICPSR - data repository hosted by the University of Michigan related to social science data, both publicly and privately collected and published
- IPUMS at the Institute for Social Research & Data Innovation - research center through the University of Minnesota with a focus on current and historical demographic data related to geography, economy, migration, health, education, and other subject areas
- data.gov - open government data portal with access to datasets in science, agriculture, education, health, business, and many more
- re3data.org - registry of open research data repositories across disciplines
- datacite.org - search millions of dataset from repositories around the world in this international registry.
Need help finding data? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the Libraries will connect you to the resources you need.