If you are looking for individual data management training for yourself, your lab group, department, or class, we can help. We also offer regular data management workshops and bootcamps.
Consult with a data management expert
- Need help with your workflow?
- Have problems organizing or storing your data?
- Want to share your data but don't know how?
- Request a consultation
Attend the data management bootcamp
- Learn tips for organizing your research materials, participate in discussion tables, and engage in tool-specific workshops
- Taught by staff from the University Libraries, LATIS, IT, and other experts around campus
- Ideal for first- and second-year graduate students
- Occurs twice a year
- The next (virtual) boot camp is planned for Spring 2021
Request a training session
- Disciplinary experts available to teach
- Learn about best practices of data management, data sharing, or services available on campus
- Available for lab groups, departments, or classes
- Request a training session
Virtual introduction to data management
"Managing your Research Data: A Tutorial Series" (October 2020) - view all
- What is data management (YouTube, 4:31 min)
- File and Folder Organization (YouTube, 8:10 min)
- Risk Management (YouTube, 3:22 min)
- Storage and Backup (YouTube, 8:40 min)
- Effective Documentation (YouTube, 6:24 min)
Specialized data management topics
- Qualitative Data Management (mp4 video, 37 min)
- more coming soon!