Where can I view DVD or VHS videos, or use a VCR?
Equipment for viewing various video formats is available at multiple locations in East Bank, West Bank, and St. Paul Libraries. East Bank
- Bio-Medical Library: 4 VCRs are available on the 2nd floor of the Biomedical Library .
- SMART Learning Commons: Located in 204 Walter Library, this facility has 1 solo viewing station (1 region-free VCR with TV, 1 region-free DVD player connected to TV), and a Mac workstation with standalone VCR and DVD players used for conversion. The media viewing room has a 68 inch plasma screen TV connected to a cabinet with VCR, Blu-ray player (DVD capable), and receiver for group viewing. Students can also use any workstation in Walter Library for DVD viewing. There is one station in Walter Library SMART Learning Commons for self-service conversion of VHS tapes.
- Wilson Library: A VCR in-room use is located on the basement level in Government Publications to view VHS tapes. You can sign out the key to the carrel at the Wilson Basement Exit. For DVD viewing our public computers have disc drives on the right side of the screen; the door is a little hidden, but if you push it in slightly on the upper part of the right side, the drive will emerge.
- Music Library: 3 VCRs are available for library material use only. The VCRs are located in the Listening area just before the stacks.
- Magrath Library: 4 TVs with VCRs attached to them, and one also has a DVD player. All have headphones set up for use with them and one of the TVs has a split headphone jack to allow two people to listen at the same time. All of the workstations in Magrath run any normal video DVD. For small group viewing, there is a Monitor and VCR/DVD player with VGA/HDMI inputs in Magrath Media Viewing Room 80. The room may be reserved by filling out the reservation form found here. For group viewing, there is a TV and VCR in the Magrath basement study room (B55). The key to this room is available at the Magrath Circulation desk.
- The Natural Resources Library in 375 Hodson Hall has a VHS/DVD player available for in-library use.