How can I limit my searches to articles that I can print online?
Answer:There are two approaches for finding full text articles online through the Libraries' web page:
- If you need to identify articles on a specific topic, you can search article indexes that will connect you to the online full-text of the article when available.
- If you want to find out whether we subscribe to a specific journal online, or would like to browse through our electronic journals in a subject area, you can search MNCAT or the E-Journals page for electronic journals by title.
- From the Libraries' home page, (http://www.lib.umn.edu/), under "Articles and More," click on "Select an Index". http://www.lib.umn.edu/site/indexes.phtml
For example, here is how to limit your search to full text articles in Academic Search Premier:
- On either the Basic Search or Advanced Search pages you can conduct a keyword search by keying your search terms into the FIND box.
- Underneath the search form you'll see a section labeled Limit Your Results. Click the box next to Full Text.
- Click the "Search" button
- From the Libraries' home page (http://www.lib.umn.edu), click on "E-journals".
- From here you can search the Libraries e-journals holdings in three ways - by browsing through titles available in broad subject areas, by searching for a specific journal title, or by browsing the Libraries' holdings by publisher/vendor.