As a UROP student, how do I add my undergraduate research poster or paper to the University Digital Conservancy (UDC)?
The University of Minnesota’s Digital Conservancy (UDC) provides a permanent home for your Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) poster or paper.
Adding your work to the UDC offers many advantages including:
- Permanency: You’ll have a permanent digital copy of your work in the repository.
- Improve your résumé: You'll get a link in your portfolio to use in your résumé, C.V., or future school applications.
- Visibility: When people ‘google’ you, your research work will appear high in the search results, because UDC items have higher search engine rankings.
- Contribution to scholarship: Your work will be a valuable resource for future U of M students.
To add your work to the UDC:
- Get approval to add your work to the UDC from your research advisor as well as any co-authors if applicable. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research if you have any questions about authorship and approval.
- Read and complete the Deposit Agreement form online.
- Email your poster or paper file to email@example.com, along with the following information:
- Program (UROP, Honors, other research experience?)
- Your college, department, and/or research center / lab
- Your faculty adviser's name
- Grant numbers or sponsor information, if applicable
- An abstract (optional). An abstract is a summary of your poster or paper of no more than 500 words.
- We’ll upload your poster or paper to the UDC, and send you a confirmation email with a permanent link to your work.
See also honors program UDC instructions
To learn more about the UDC:
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.