How do I change my address in your system so that I receive notices at my new address?


There are several ways to change your recorded address to ensure that you receive library notices that may be sent to you:


Via the Web

Go to University's "One Stop" page at, select your status (Students / Faculty / Staff) and locate "Change address" options. The specific path for students will be slightly different than that for faculty and staff. Be prepared to log in with your U of M Internet ID (e.g., smit0005) and password. Once you've completed this, your updated information will automatically enter the Library database the next day.


(Friends of the Library, Special Privileges Borrowers):

Via Email

Simply send a request with complete address information to

Via the Phone

Contact the Borrowing Privileges and Fines desk on the first floor of Wilson Library or calling them at (612) 624-3321. The office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

In Person at a U of M Libraries

You can change your address by stopping at any of the U of M Libraries' circulation service points ( Circulation staff will update the information for you.

Via Postal Mail

Send your request to:

Circulation Desk Services
110 Wilson Library
309 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55455


Return to the FAQ Home Page