How do I use the self-service microfilm/fiche machines in Wilson Library or Magrath Library to view, scan, print, email or save images?
There are two self-service microform scanners located in the Reserve/Periodicals Room in the basement of Wilson Library. There is one self-service microform scanner near the Reference and Circulation desks at Magrath Library.
With these machines, you can view microfilm or microfiche and also:
- Email images
- Save images to a USB flash memory drive
- Print images
USING MICROGRAPHIC SCANNERS
- Double click on the Power Scan 2000 icon.
- As you pull the tray towards you the upper glass pane will come up and you will see the following display appear on the screen, demonstrating how to load rolls of microfilm.
- Pull it straight out to load microfilm, fiche or microcard.
- Once the roll is loaded all film movement is handled using the Motorized Roll Film Control panel that appears in the lower right corner (it can be repositioned on the screen, if needed). The High Speed and Rewind buttons will only work when the tray is open.
- Adjustment of the images (whether you’re using microfilm, microfiche or microcard) is handled using icons that are distributed between three tabs located on the bottom of the screen: Home, Adjust and Scan/Print
Please report problems at any Wilson or Magrath Library Service Desk or call 612-624-3321.