How can I find out more about someone who used to attend the University of Minnesota?


The University of Minnesota Office of the Registrar's Service Center provides assistance to academic genealogists. They can provide the dates of attendance and degree received for former UMN students. Please contact:

Office of the Registrar Service Center
Room 200 Fraser Hall
106 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Phone: 612-625-6051/625-4007

To receive a copy of the transcript of a University of Minnesota student, you will need to submit the following information in writing to the Office of the Registrar:

  1. Student's full name
  2. Student Social Security number
  3. Written statement signed by the student, that agrees to release this information to you OR a direct, signed, written request to the Office by the student himself/herself.
    Proof of death of the student (copy of the death certificate; copy of a newspaper obituary of the student; etc.)

For other inquiries regarding former employment at the U of M, please contact our Office of Human Resources at:


Return to the FAQ Home Page