What databases or catalogs should I consult to find which libraries worldwide hold particular items?
Answer:Many sources may be of use but remember if you know of a specific item you want to get an item that the Libraries don't have simply fill our an Interlibrary Loan request form and we can track it down.
- Worldcat includes records from libraries in many countries, the great majority of the libraries included are from the United States or Canada.
- AMICUS: Canadian National Catalogue
- Copac with holdings of the largest university and national libraries in the United Kingdom and Ireland including the British Library.
- TROVE with holdings of "most Australian academic, research, national, state, public and special libraries."
- The Eurpoean Library with holdings of national libraries of 32+ European countries.
- Libraries in Latin American libraries is not a catalog but includes links to many catalogs.
- Libdex for links to online catalogs of individual libraries worldwide.