What do I need to check out materials from University Libraries?


Students, faculty, and staff members need a valid U Card (U of M ID card) to check out materials from the Libraries.

Minnesota Alumni Association members, Friends of the Libraries, and other patrons not affiliated with the University need a U of M Libraries Borrowing Card. The application form is available on the Borrowing Services web page at:https://www.lib.umn.edu/services/borrowing

You may also contact the Borrowing Privileges and Fines office in Wilson Library at 612-624-3321.


Return to the FAQ Home Page