U.S. Federal and Minnesota Information on I-35W Bridge
- 2003 Bridge Maps by Congressional District
- National Bridge Inventory Data Made GIS Ready
This article from 2004 explains the history of the National Bridge Inventory (NBI) and describes work completed to make 2004 NBI files GIS-ready. Despite these efforts, the data files available below still require considerable work to be made truly GIS-ready. The maps linked above are what were produced from the 2004 efforts.
- Number of Steel Deck Truss Bridges by State
- Inventory of Steel Deck Truss Bridges by State
- Recording and Coding Guide for the Structure Inventory and Appraisal of the Nations Bridges
- National Bridge Inventory Data Files 2000-2006
- The Coding guide will be necessary to interpret the Bridge Inventory files. These files include structural ratings.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT) Library
- Mn/DOT Library materials about bridges
- Mn/DOT I-35W Bridge Reports Includes historical materials including construction plans back to 1964.
- American Society of Civil Engineers' (ASCE) I-35W Web Site / The ASCE has posted their "Report Card for America's Infrastructure", which is based in part on U.S. federal government information.
- Politics and Freeways. Canvenough, Patricia. Center for Urban and Regional Affairs (CURA) and Center for Transportation Studies (CTS) at the University of Minnesota. Minneapolis, Minn. : University of Minnesota, Center for Urban and Regional Affairs (CURA), 2006.