Epidemiology (book)

Sect. I. The epidemiologic approach to disease and intervention. 1. Introduction -- 2. The dynamics of disease transmission -- 3. Measuring the occurrence of disease: I. Morbidity -- 4. Measuring the occurrence of disease: II. Mortality -- 5. Assessing the validity and reliability of diagnostic and screening tests -- 6. The natural history of disease: ways of expressing prognosis -- 7. Assessing the efficacy of preventive and therapeutic measures: randomized trials -- 8. Randomized trials: some further issues -- Sect. II. Using epidemiology to identify the cause of disease. 9. Cohort studies --10. Case-control studies and other study designs -- 11. Estimating risk: is there an association? -- 12. More on risk: estimating the potential for prevention -- 13. A pause for review: comparing cohort and case-control studies -- 14. From association to causation: deriving inferences from epidemiologic studies -- 15. More on causal inferences: bias, confounding, and interaction -- 16. Identifying the roles of genetic and environmental factors in disease causation -- Sect. III. Applying epidemiology to evaluation and policy. 17. Using epidemiology to evaluate health services -- 18. The epidemiologic approach to evaluating screening programs -- 19. Epidemiology and public policy -- 20. Ethical and professional issues in epidemiology.

Location: TC Bio-Medical Library Perm Reserve (2nd Flr Circ Desk) WA105 G661e 2009

Author: Leon Gordis

My Library