This page brings together information about library services and tools supporting the College in the Schools curriculum.
Start your Research
Resources here are provided for all Minnesota students through the Electronic Library of Minnesota.
- Find scholarly or academic articles with Academic Search Premier
- Find magazine articles with MasterFile Premier
- Find newspaper articles with ProQuest Newstand Complete
- Find background information on your topic with Encyclopedia Britannica Academic Edition
- Find pro/con arguments on current issues with Points of View Reference Center
Initiate your Account to Access University of Minnesota Libraries
As a College in the School student, you have full access to all the resources at the Libraries. Our extensive online resources such as online journals, magazines, newspapers, databases and ebooks are available to any computer with Internet access and your UMN email and password. If you haven't done so, initiate your account now to get started.
Course Specific Pages
- COMM 1101
- ENGL 1001W: Finding Scholarly Literary Criticism
- HIST 1307
- HIST 1308
- POL 1001
- WRIT 1301: Trend Analysis Assignment
- WRIT 1301: Ethnography Assignment
More Research Tools
- Try the Assignment Calculator put in your due date to get help with steps of research and writing for a research paper, speech, video project and more.
- Introduction to Library Research is an online introduction to the University Libraries including information on finding scholarly articles and more.
- Electronic Library of Minnesota (ELM), a collection of online databases, provides access to thousands of magazines, journals, newspaper articles, eBooks, and other research sources on a vast array of topics to all high school students in Minnesota. To view the entire list of article databases in the Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM), see http://elm4you.org.
- Use your High School and Public Libraries. Your media center will have many sources that will help you with your research. Check out your school library catalog and article databases. Ask your school librarian for research assistance.
- Get help with research with Ask MN: The Librarian is In an online chat service for research help available to all Minnesota residents and students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.