Due to security upgrades, we will no longer support Internet Explorer version 8 or older. Please use a newer browser.
The Spring 2015 exhibit in the Mathematics Library showcases some of the mathematical issues involved in optimizing transportation networks.
Selected library resources:
- L. Ambrosio. "Optimal transport maps in Monge-Kantorovich problem." Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, Vol. III (Beijing, 2002), 131–140, Higher Ed. Press, Beijing, 2002. Find it in the library
- Marc Bernot et al. Optimal Transportation Networks: Models and Theory. Lecture Notes in Mathematics v. 1955. Berlin: Springer 2009. Find it in the library or Read it online
- A. Brancolini, G. Buttazzo. "Optimal networks for mass transportation problems." Esaim-Control Optimisation And Calculus Of Variations, 2005, Vol.11(1), pp.88-101. Read it online
- Giuseppe Buttazzo. Optimal Urban Networks via Mass Transportation. Lecture notes in mathematics v. 1961. Berlin: Springer 2009. Find it in the library or Read it online
- John W. Dickey. Metropolitan Transportation Planning, 2nd ed. Washington, D.C.: Hemisphere Pub. Corp.; New York: McGraw-Hill 1983. Find it in the library
- Michael Alexander Florian et al. Transportation and Network Analysis: Current Trends. Applied Optimization v. 63. Dordrecht; Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002. Find it in the library
- Yann Ollivier et al. Optimal Transportation: Theory and Applications. London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series v. 413. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press 2014. Mathematics Library QA7 .L43 v. 413 Find it in the library
- Emanuele Paolini, Eugene Stepanov. "Optimal transportation networks as flat chains." Interfaces and Free Boundaries, 2006, Vol.8(4), pp.393-436. Read it online
- Matti Pursula et al. Mathematical Methods on Optimization in Transportation Systems. Applied Optimization v. 48. Dordrecht; Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers 2001. Find it in the library
- Marie E. Schmidt. Integrating Routing Decisions in Public Transportation Problems. Springer Optimization and its Applications v.89. New York: Springer 2014. Read it online
- Yosef Sheffi. Urban Transportation Networks: Equilibrium analysis with mathematical programming methods. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall 1985. Find it in the library or Read it online [PDF]
- D. Teodorović and Katarina Vukadinović. Traffic Control and Transport Planning: A Fuzzy Sets and Neural Networks Approach. International series in intelligent technologies v. 13. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers 1998. Find it in the library
- Cédric Villani. Optimal Transport: Old and New. Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften v. 338. Berlin: Springer 2009. Find it in the library or Read it online