Job Posting OPENApply here today to become a Student Media Consultant Required Documents
- Cover letter addressed to hiring manager Jennifer Veile
- Resume or CV highlighting experience
- Hours/days of availability to work (not a class schedule)
The SMART Learning Commons & Library Media Services are designed as a one-stop location for students researching, writing, creating media projects, and getting academic support in such areas as physics and chemistry. We provide access to the University Libraries primary media collection (over 10,000 titles), a state-of-the-art media viewing room, production workstations, and high quality, user-friendly equipment loans. In addition, advanced video production assistance is available during drop-in hours, or by appointment.
Brief Position Information
SMART Learning Commons Student Media Consultant (Work Study Preferred)
Work Hours: Typically 9 - 15 hours/week
$9.00 per hour
Department Name: Library Academic Programs/Social Sciences and Professional Programs (SSPP) (Library Media Services)
- Eligible for Work Study funding (highly preferred, but non-workstudy occasionally hired)
- Undergraduate Students Only (non-negotiable)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Confident working independently
- Strong familiarity with computers and desktop applications (MS Office, Adobe Acrobat )
- Experience providing individuals with technical support.
- Basic familiarity with the media production process.
- Basic familiarity with intermediate video editing tools (iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, Screenflow, Camtasia Studio, Adobe Premier Pro)
- Basic Familiarity with multimedia applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash)
- Basic Familiarity with web applications
- Fundamental knowledge of research skills, familiarity with some library databases
- Past library experience
Functions may vary according to departmental needs.Primary responsibilities include
- 75% - Student consultant - provide assistance to students with basic library research, computer technical support, and basic support for student media production
- 10% - Support media maintenance and lending of the Libraries' media collection.
- 10% - Help facilitate room, equipment, media, reservations; report equipment problems; help maintain the space; be accessible to patrons.
- 5% - Perform other duties as needed.