The University of Minnesota Music Library exists to support the teaching, learning, research, and performance activities of the faculty and students of the UMN School of Music, and those of the wider community of scholars and musicians at this university and beyond.
In fulfillment of its Mission, the University of Minnesota Music Library undertakes to provide:
1) a broad array of print and digital resources intended to support the curriculum of the UMN School of Music and to stimulate the intellectual and musical curiosity of its students and faculty;
2) a technological infrastructure that is state-of-the-art, functional, and fully integrated with university-wide systems and networks;
3) a physical environment that fosters research, study, and reflection, while assuring easy access to collections and information;
4) expert, professional staff who offer courteous, efficient circulation, reference, and referral services;
5) consultations, orientation sessions, and instructional seminars to assist patrons in acquiring the research skills needed to use its collections and resources to the fullest in pursuit of their musical and academic goals.