The SMART Learning Commons employs undergraduate students in a variety of positions. We support our employees both as students and as professionals by connecting training and job experiences to the University's Student Learning Outcomes and Student Development Outcomes. Some positions require work study eligibility.
Peer Learning Facilitators - No Openings for Sp'19
Peer Learning facilitators are undergraduates who lead group learning sessions for challenging undergraduate courses. Peer facilitators are supervised by the Program Director.
- Spring 2019 - Currently there are no openings
- We will be hiring for Fall'19 in March and April - math, chemistry, biology, nursing
- Learn more and APPLY here
Peer Tutors are undergraduates who provide academic tutoring for University of Minnesota students in math, chemistry, writing, physics, computer science, and more. Peer Tutors are supervised by the program Coordinator.
- Spring 2019 - priority application deadline was Monday, November 12th at 8AM.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis in the event of an unanticipated vacancy.
Student Media Consultant - No Openings
Student Media Consultants staff the Media Services and Information desks at Walter, Wilson and Magrath Libraries including processing incoming media equipment and film reservations, troubleshooting technology, and answering general questions. Successful candidates enjoy helping people, are eager to learn, and are reliable. Pay rate is $10.15/hour. Students with Work Study are preferred.
- Spring 2019 - No job openings
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for future opportunities. Send your resume to the Media Services Site Manager.
Cover Letters and Resume Writing Assistance:
SMART Hours & Locations
Looking for group study space?
Rooms in SMART's Walter and Magrath locations can be reserved for two-hour blocks up to two weeks in advance.