Public Access Policy for Federally Funded Research
The NASA Public Access Policy is a Term and Condition of Award for all grants and cooperative agreements beginning in Fiscal Year 2016 (October 1, 2016- September 30, 2017) or subsequent fiscal years, and for all contracts awarded after October 1, 2016.
Get started >> NASA uses the NIH Manuscript Submission System from NIH https://www.nihms.nih.gov/
NASA-Funded Research Results https://www.nasa.gov/open/researchaccess
NASA’s Research Access Policy (Youtube video): NASA's guide through the policy
PubSpace Tutorial (Yourtube video): An instructional video for NASA grantees (and some contractors) to serve as a guide to submitting peer-reviewed, accepted manuscripts for deposit to PubSpace.
Navigating the NIH Manuscript Submission Process (Youtube video) https://youtu.be/IIEBtfnSqMA
- Steps Involved in the NIHMS Process https://www.nihms.nih.gov/db/sub.cgi?page=faq#steps
NASA Policy Directive 2230.1 Research Data & Publications Access [Effective date: January 14, 2016] http://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov/npg_img/N_PD_2230_0001_/N_PD_2230_0001__main.pdf
NASA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Publications https://www.nasa.gov/open/researchaccess/frequently-asked-questions#pubsfaqs
According to NASA's Data Management Policy: "All proposals or project plans submitted to NASA for scientific research funding will be required to include a DMP. The DMP should describe whether and how data generated through the course of the proposed research will be shared and preserved (including timeframe), or explain why data sharing and/or preservation are not possible or scientifically appropriate. At a minimum, DMPs must describe how data sharing and preservation will enable validation of published results or how such results could be validated if data are not shared or preserved."
- Review the NASA's requirements for Data Management Plans
- Use the U of M DMP template to write your DMP
- Submit your DMP for feedback to email@example.com
- FAQs on the NASA Data Management Plan https://www.nasa.gov/open/researchaccess/frequently-asked-questions#dmpfaqs
- NASA's Response to the OSTP's Public Access Memo https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/206985_2015_nasa_pl...
- See example NASA Mission project data management plans
NASA Plan for Increasing Access to the Results of Scientific Research: Digital Scientific Data And Peer-Reviewed Publications: