- Available Space: Andersen Library Givens Conference Rooms 120A, 120B, 120C and the Atrium are available for rent by University Departments (those with EFS numbers).
- Non University Groups: Groups not directly funded by the University, both public and private, may rent the rooms at the amount listed on the Fee Schedule below.
- Non University Groups should NOT complete the form below. Please contact the Andersen Library Building Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for separate contract information.
- Note that groups or events that are primarily commercial, political, or religious in nature or fund raisers for non-University organizations may not use the listed spaces.
- Availability: The Conference Rooms and Atrium are available seven days a week, 8AM-10PM, excluding federal, state, and University holidays.
- Weekends: The Conference Rooms and Atrium are available on weekends. Weekend renters must pay to rent the space for a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Scheduling: University Groups must be scheduled with the Andersen Library Building Manager at least 14 days in advance. Non University Groups must be scheduled at least one month in advance.
- Insurance: Non-University Groups may be required to purchase insurance for their event. Contact the Andersen Library Building Manager (email@example.com) for more information
- Food: Any food for an event must be cleared through the Building Manager, including outside catering, prepackaged food, and U of M food service.
- All food arrangements are the responsibility of the renter.
- Please consult the U of M's Food Policy and fill out a Food Permit, for any non-UDS catering.
- A copy of the approved Food Permit must be sent to the Building Manager five (5) days prior to the event. In order to meet this deadline you should submit your permit application to DEHS for approval at least 3 weeks before your event.
- Failure to clean up food after an event will result in a $75/hr cleaning fee.
- Alcohol: If alcohol is to be served, an alcohol permit, found at the U-Wide Forms Library, must be completed and approved by the University's Office of Risk Management.
- A copy of the approved application MUST be sent to the Building Manager five (5) days prior to the event. In order to meet this deadline you should submit your permit application to Risk Management at least 3 weeks before your event.
- All University policies and all local and state laws related to the use of alcohol must be observed.
- The University requires event hosts to post signs with numbers to call if someone can not drive home after drinking. Feel free to use the example here.
- Open flames: Flames of any kind are prohibited in all University Library locations, including Elmer L. Andersen Library. This includes candles and Sterno heaters used by caterers. Most caterers can accommodate this requirement if given notice.
- Standard Room Setup: 120A and 120C are each set with 8 tables in a rectangle with seating for 16-20. 120B is set with lecture seating for 60.
- Special Furniture Arrangements: Events that require special arrangements – furnishings substantially rearranged and reset after an event – will be charged up to $75/hour as necessary to cover these costs.
- Please notify the Building Manager of special setup needs at least one week in advance.
- Renter may move furniture if needed but must return them to their original positions unless otherwise specified by agreement with the Building Manager. Failure to do so will result in a $75/hour fee to reset the room.
- Equipment: Room 120B is equipped with two hand held microphones and one microphone built into the podium, and a built-in digital projector system containing a DVD player, a VCR, and a computer input.
- All three 120 Rooms have projection screens available and all of Andersen Library has access to the University's wireless internet service.
- High-top cocktail tables may be available for an additional fee (see Fee Schedule below).
- Any computers or other equipment not listed here are the sole responsibility of the renter.
- Damage to equipment will result in renter paying for repairs or replacement of the damaged equipment.
- Tours: Tours of the cavern spaces during the scheduled event can be provided at a rate of $20 per tour guide (groups of 12 or less); Tours must be requested 14 days in advance.
- Use of the Elmer L. Andersen Library Name: Use of the Elmer L. Andersen Library name on invitations, except to identify the location, must be approved by the University Librarian. Invitations must not give the impression of Library sponsorship, unless this is the case.
- Right of Refusal: The Library reserves the right to refuse a request to rent its space and the right to waive rental fees at its own discretion.
||120A,B&C Lecture for 120
- 120A or 120C are usually arranged for 16 people in a square
- 120B is set for 60 people as a lecture
- 120A&B or B&C can be used for a lecture for 80 or a square for 32
- All three converence rooms together can hold up to 180 people in a lecture arrangement or 40 in a square.
- Other set ups are available, please contact the Andersen Facility Manager to discuss your event for more information.
|Room||Hours||University and Campus Life Groups (per hour)||Non-Profit Groups and Registered UofM Student Groups (per hour)||All Other Groups (per hour)||Notes|
|One Conference Room (120A, 120B or 120C)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$25||$35||$50||Image of A, Image of B, Image of C|
|Two Conference Rooms (120A&B or 120B&C)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$30||$40||$60||Image of B&C Combined|
|Three Conference Rooms (120A,B,C)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$40||$50||$80||Image of 120A,B&C|
|Atrium Reception Area (Alone or as an additional fee to Conference Room rental)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$40||$80||$80||Image of Atrium, 2nd Image|
|One Conference Room (120A, 120B or 120C)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$55||$65||$110||Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Two Conference Rooms (120A&B or 120B&C)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$65||$75||$130||Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Three Conference Rooms (120A,B,C)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$85||$95||$170||Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Atrium Reception Area (Alone or as an additional fee to Conference Room rental)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$85||$95||$170||Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Evening Rentals on Weekends||After 5PM Sat-Sun||$55/hour in addition to standard Sat-Sun rate.||$65/hour in addition to standard Sat-Sun rate.||$110/hour in addition to standard Sat-Sun rate.||Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Additional Fees||Notice Required||University and Campus Life Groups||Non-Profit Groups and Registered UofM Student Groups||All Other Groups||Notes|
|Special Room Arrangement and Room Reset/Clean-Up||1 week||$75/hour||$75/hour||$75/hour|
|Cancellation Fee||2 weeks or more||No charge||No charge||No charge|
|Less than 2 weeks but more than 24 hours||$50||$50||$50|
|Less than 24 hours or no-show||Full Room Rental fee||Full Room Rental fee||Full Room Rental fee|
|Portable Digital Projector||1 week||$25/day||$25/day||$25/day||Renter must provide their own laptop.|
|High-Top Tables||1 week||$15/each||$15/each||$15/each|
|Tour||2 weeks||$20||$20||$20||Fee is per group of 12 or less.|
|Weekend Cleaning Fee||Automatic||$282||$282||$282||All events held on weekends will be charged this fee each day.|
If you would like To reserve a space in Andersen Library, please first contact the Andersen Library Building Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the space is available. After you have done so, fill out the form located here.
EFFECTIVE MAY 2011