For a complete listing of jobs (including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions) please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Cartographic Metadata Librarian
- Data Curation Network Project Coordinator
- Director of Development
- Journalism and Digital Media Librarian
- Medical School Liaison
- Music Librarian
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Department Director
Sign up to get hiring updates from the U Libraries.
Hiring Student Archives Assistant in Andersen Library (West Bank)
- Duties include a variety of tasks such as monitoring researchers in reading room, communicating with staff or researchers as needed, photocopying, data entry, research, or assessing collections of historical records - could be one of first to look over collection and make decisions on what to keep.
- We want to hire service-orientated individual with a desire to help others learn about history and work with primary sources in all topics and/or languages.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and follow detailed instructions with consistent accuracy. Ability to read or speak a foreign language a plus.
- Available to work 6-10 hours a week with work study preferred. Must be able to work Summer 2018. There is room for advancement over time.
- To apply please send cover letter, resume, and class schedule to Mary Blissenbach (email@example.com).
- PAL Facilitators lead small group study sessions in math and chemistry, where students apply course concepts and practice problem-solving.
- PAL offers a rewarding leadership experience and provides facilitators with excellent training, especially valuable if planning to be a classroom teacher or hoping to secure a TA position in graduate school.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum 3.2 GPA, A- or A in math or chemistry courses and strong study skills. Must have demonstrated interest in helping others.
- Work study students are preferred but it is not required; pay rate is $10.75/hour, averaging 5-7 hours per week.
- To apply, go to z.umn.edu/2tbk. Contact Mary Lilly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Apply to be a 2018-2019 SMART Peer Tutor
- Peer Tutors support students in hundreds of courses including PHYS, MATH, CHEM, ECON, writing, and many more.
- Qualifications: Minimum 3.2 GPA (3.5 GPA recommended). Grade of "A" in the course(s) in which you hope to specialize/tutor.
- Students with Work Study strongly preferred, not required. $10.50/hr initial pay; salary increases with training and experience. Approximately 8-12 hours per week.
- Priority application deadline is Friday, March 23rd at 4pm. Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered on an as-needed basis. To apply, visit the SMART Learning Commons website for instructions. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Office Assistant for Minitex in Wilson Library (West Bank)
- Minitex is a state wide library consortium housed at the University of Minnesota Libraries.
- We are hiring a Front desk student library assistant/receptionist who works with the Communication + Organizational Support unit. Our unit supports the Minitex staff, greets staff and customers, answer phones, and give directions.
- Must be able to work in Google documents. spreadsheets, database updates, conference material preparation, other duties as assigned.
- Hours: Mon 11:00 - 4:30, Tues 8:00 - 12:00, Fri 10:30 am - 2:30 pm. Hourly rate is: $9.65 position immediately available - need to hire ASAP!
- Prefer undergraduate student with work study (6 credits or more). To apply, email your resume and course schedule to Tammi Halverson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hire hundreds of students each year in many different positions including:
- Work in busy Wilson, Walter, Bio-Med or Magrath - pulling and shelving books, helping patrons and more.
- Work in one of our Archives sorting materials, scanning, or helping researchers use the materials.
- Work in the underground storage caverns processing materials with our partner Minitex.
- Our Peer Research Consultants tutor students one-on-one on finding sources and academic library research skills.
- Work as a media consultant in the SMART Learning Commons Media Services and help students on their video projects.
- Student job postings for the University Libraries are posted through the Office of Human Resources under Student Job Postings (Select "TLIB Libraries, University" under "College.")
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to ask about building an internship.