Since May, we've been working to redesign the University Libraries web presence, with the focus on you, the user. Our goal has been to improve search functionality and enhance personalization, and throughout the redesign process we received ideas from many users. As of August 15, our new homepage is live, with highlights including:
    tab_login
  • A central, tabbed search function, giving you ready access to the various catalogs and databases available to find books, articles, video, music, maps, and more.
  • Course resources tab featuring the new Library Course Pages, which are dynamically generated for each course to bring together relevant resources tailored for specific subjects, including reserve readings.
  • Login feature that displays your checked out books, saved journals and databases, recommended resources, and current course pages on their respective tabs (see image at right for example).
  • Ask a Librarian tab, with multiple options to connect with us, including live chat and contact information for the librarian in your discipline.
  • Today's building hours listed prominently, along with a link to all hours and locations.

Surveys and usability testing have generated positive early reviews, including: "It does a good job of focusing on the things that are important." "Easier to navigate than the old system. The hours and location feature is perfect." "Love the new homepage!!! Much more user friendly and efficient! Thanks!" "I really like the tabs." "I did notice there was a lot of effort to give me some people that I could address. As soon as I logged into horticulture, there was Julie, my librarian. I felt encouraged to contact her." Additional developments are planned, including enhancements to the MNCAT catalog (read more about these upgraded features). We hope you'll help us continue to improve the site by completing a brief survey to share your feedback.

Watch a video overview of the new site: