About EndNote Basic
EndNote Basic is a free online citation manager included in the University Libraries subscription to the Web of Science database for UMN-Twin Cities' faculty, students,and staff that allows you to:
- Collect and store up to 50,000 references;
- Organize and share your references with others;
- Use the Cite While You Write Plug-In to insert references and format a bibliography while you write your paper in Word.
Want to know how EndNote Basic compares to other citation managers? Review our citation manager chart.
How to Use EndNote Basic
- You can access your EndNote Basic account on Web of Science, or at http://myendnoteweb.com
- Access the Getting Started Guide to learn how to organize and share your references, format a bibliography and in-text citations
Sign up for a workshop on citation managers
Find tutorials on organizing and citing research
About UMN Access to EndNote Basic
You can access EndNote Basic from Web of Science under the Tools dropdown menu,located on the upper right hand corner of Web of Science.
Ask a Librarian