Mendeley is a free citation and file management application. It allows you to:
- Manage your PDF collection of articles on your hard drive.
- Extract metadata for each file, rename/move them, and sync across platforms.
- Tag files, organize them into folders, annotate, and share with others (including annotations/notes).
- Use the capabilities within Mendeley to generate a bibliography, or export bibliographic data to other citation management applications like RefWorks and EndNote.
How to use Mendeley
Format a paper or bibliography
Manage your articles
Edit Library Access Links
You can link your Mendeley account to the University of Minnesota’s FindIt system and access the full text articles to which the University Libraries subscribe.
- From Mendeley.com, select My Account > Account Details > Sharing / Importing.
- Under "Edit Library Access Links," select Add library manually.
- In the Base URL box copy this URL: http://primo.lib.umn.edu/openurl/TWINCITIES/TWINCITIES_SP and type "University of Minnesota" in the Name box.
- Hit Add Library Link to save changes.
Using Mendeley From Mendeley.com
Comparison of Citation Managers