A Savvy Solution Using Dropbox
Engineering Librarian, Jan Fransen, shares her method of archiving photos using cloud based storage and Wi-fi. View this Diagram of her process and watch the video tutorial.
A Savvy Solution Using an iPadMedia Librarian, Scott Spicer, shares his method of archiving photos from an iPad (or iPhone/iPod Touch) using a Mac computer.
- Capture photos with iOS device (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)
- Dock iOS device to Mac computer via USB
- When iPhoto opens, select photos you want to import to your iPhoto library
- Rename your photos (optionally, apply face and geographic tags)
- Create a folder for your newly imported photos, drag photos to new folder
- Create a folder on your desktop, give it a name of the event and the date (e.g., "DisneyWorld3-10-13")
- Select photos from the newly created folder in iPhoto and drag to the folder on the desktop
- Open Dropbox folder, drag desktop folder to Dropbox for cloud storage backup
- Backup camera rolls on iOS mobile device periodically by selecting the iCloud "Storage & Backup" feature. This allows you to recover photos if you lose your iOS mobile device
- In iPhoto, share selected photos to Flickr, Facebook, or Apple Photostream (using "Share" drop down)
- In iPhoto, burn a CD/DVD of selected photos (using "Share" drop down)