Due to security upgrades, we will no longer support Internet Explorer version 8 or older. Please use a newer browser.
Archives and Special Collections are open by appointment only, limited to UMN affiliates. Appointments must be made one week in advance of your visit. Contact email@example.com or the curator of the collecting area you wish to use for assistance. We continue to provide scans of requested research materials when possible, especially for our non-campus clientele.
These collections represent some aspect of science or technology and may include books, periodicals, and/or archival material. These collections include:
Ballooning Collections (A card file for this collection is found in the 1st Floor suite) (WV)
- Aeronautical Collection (SCRB Collection Number 38) (WV)
- ----Piccard Collection (SCRB Collection Number 44)
- ----Scholl Collection (SCRB Collection Number 45)
- ----Winzen Collection (SCRB Collection Number 46)
- ----U of M Collection (SCRB Collection Number 47)
- Dr. Malcolm A. McCannel Papers (unprocessed, preliminary inventory) SCRB Collection Number 149)
- Joseph S. Mertle Collection on the History of Photomechanics (SCRB Collection Number 81) NOTE: AVAILABILITY IS CURRENTLY LIMITED DUE TO WORK BEING DONE ON THE COLLECTION (S1R3R1; HB).