Repositories house digital content online - but unlike a typical website, they are managed by expert digital archivists who employ digital curation techniques and technologies to keep stuff open, accessible, and safe for the long-term! The repositories in this list all have the following things in common. They are:
- Free for anyone to use (open access downloads of all content)
- Provide stable, long-term access and preservation
- Faciliate citations using persisitent URLs
- Acccept new deposits from U of M affiliates (contact us to get started!)
Articles and Scholarly Works: University Digital Conservancy
The University Digital Conservancy (UDC) is the official institutional repository of the University of Minnesota and provides free, public access and long-term preservation to work created at the U of M. The UDC is a:
- venue for faculty to deposit copies of their scholarly work for open access,
- showcase for select student works, such as dissertations and honors theses, and
- centralized, searchable access to departmental digital records and publications including those of the University of Minnesota Archives.
Books and Journals: UMN Publishing
University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing Services supports our affiliates' creation of scholarly publications. They provide consultations about general publishing questions, and publish a number of scholarly content types through the University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing imprint including:
- open access journals
- open access long form publishing (e.g., books)
- open education materials (e.g., e-textbooks)
- conference proceedings
- interactive scholarly sites.
Datasets: Data Repository for the University of Minnesota (DRUM)
DRUM is a publicly available collection of digital research data generated by U of M researchers, students, and staff. Anyone can search and download the data housed in the repository, instantly or by request. The Data Repository publishes datasets from University affiliates for digital archiving and access. Learn more about depositing to the Data Repository and other services to manage your data.
Images and Video: UMedia Archive
Browse and search digital images, manuscripts, maps, video, audio, and more. The UMedia Archive provides access to digitized materials from across the University of Minnesota, in particular the University Libraries’ extensive Archives and Special Collections.