Become a Friend of Holmes
FRIENDS OF THE SHERLOCK HOLMES COLLECTIONS GIVING INFORMATION
Interested in becoming a Friend of the Sherlock Holmes Collections? With membership in the Friends you'll receive the quarterly newsletter that provides insights and updates about the Collections. You'll also have the satisfaction of supporting the collections and programs. Basic annual dues are $20 and may be given in honor or memory of an individual. Donations beyond the basic level are also encouraged.
There are three funds set up to support the Sherlock Holmes Collections. These are:
-- The E. W. McDiarmid Curator for Sherlock Holmes Fund (5412). This fund supports the endowed curator's position and associated programming.
-- The John Bennett Shaw Sherlock Holmes Fund (3906). This fund supports publication of the newsletter and other collection exhibits and programming.
-- The Philip S. Hench Sherlock Holmes Acquisitions Fund (1629). This fund supports acquisitions for the Collections.
We now have the ability to process gifts online. There are a number of ways that you can give to support the Sherlock Holmes Collections (please keep in mind which specific fund you'd like to support):
To give online using your credit card go to this University of Minnesota Foundation site and follow these steps:
1. Enter your gift amount, full name, and name of your spouse/partner if you'd like them credited with the gift as well.
2. In the pull-down menu for "I would like to support" select "Libraries, University".
3. In the box "Special instructions for your gift" type the name of Sherlock Holmes fund you'd like to support. You can choose and type one of the following three fund names in the box: Fund 5412 (McDiarmid Curator), Fund 3906 (John Bennett Shaw Fund), or Fund 1629 (Hench Acquisitions Fund).
4. If you'd like to give your gift in honor or memory of someone, use the final pull-down menu to indicate your choice.
5. Click the "Continue" button.
If your gift is in honor or memory of someone you will be asked to provide this information on the next screen. From there you will be directed to a US Bank site to finish your transaction.
To give by sending a check or money order payable to the University of Minnesota Foundation use this gift form. Be sure to indicate which Sherlock Holmes fund you wish your gift applied towards. Print the gift form and send with your gift to:
Sherlock Holmes Collections -- University of Minnesota Libraries
P.O. Box 70870
St. Paul, MN 55170-3854
To give by setting up electronic fund transfers (EFT) to make a recurring gift directly from your bank account or credit card follow the directions on this page.
Annual renewals are also sent out in the fall issue of the newsletter, if you wish to use the regular donation envelope provided with the newsletter.