**Application Deadline: February 29, 2016**
- Currently employed as a college or university librarian, having no more than 3 years of professional library experience at the time of application.
- Member of an underrepresented racial or ethnic group and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada. (Racial or ethnic group membership is based on the categories outlined in the U.S. Census, including American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latino.)
- ALA accredited degree in library/information science or a relevant advanced degree.
- Interest in pursuing leadership opportunities and positions in academic and research libraries.
- Demonstrated leadership ability or potential.
- Institutional support demonstrated by a letter from the director of home institution, supporting participation in the Institute through the commitment of a $1,000 registration fee, and associated travel costs.
Application Packet to Include:
- Completed Personal Information Sheet
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement describing your interest in the Institute and affirming your commitment to participate fully in all aspects of the week's activities. Maximum length: 500 words.
- Letter from the director of your home institution that:
- Confirms support of your participation in the Institute, including a commitment to pay the $1,000 registration fee and all associated travel costs.
- Describes your demonstrated and potential skills for success in librarianship.
- Questions about the application process? Please contact Linda DeBeau-Melting by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to send your application
Email application materials by February 29, 2016 to:
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Payment and other logistical information will be sent to applicants shortly after they receive notification of their acceptance to the Institute. Cancellations must be submitted via fax or email. Full refunds will be given up to 30 days prior to the start of the program. Due to program demand and pre-program preparations, cancellations received 29-14 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a fee of 10% of the program tuition. Cancellations received within 13 days prior to the start of the program and no-shows are subject to the full program tuition. Please note: cancellation fees are based upon the date the written request is received.