Due to security upgrades, we will no longer support Internet Explorer version 8 or older. Please use a newer browser.
Get It book delivery
- Current students, faculty, and staff can request books from the University Libraries and have them delivered to the library of their choice. Faculty and staff are eligible for on-campus office delivery.
- Learn how to place a Get It request.
- All other borrowers should contact 612-624-3321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information necessary for Get It: borrower's card number, title, and item call number.
- If the University of Minnesota Libraries don’t own an item, current students, faculty, and staff can request the item from another institution via Interlibrary Loan at no cost.
- The service will scan a small portion, article or chapter from print material, microfilm and fiche held within our collection.
- Accessible via the same forms as Interlibrary Loan.
- Available to current students, staff and faculty.
- If an item is not found on the shelf, the request will be filled through Interlibrary Loan, who will obtain the item from another library (typically within 1-3 days).
- Books on reserve for classes are not available for digitization.
Other document scanning services
- The Libraries also has a Fee-Based Digital Delivery service that will create high-quality digitization of materials from our collections for both University affiliates and non-affiliates. This service will digitize archival materials, photographs, maps, audio, video, and more. All of these requests are managed by Digital Library Services staff in conjunction with the curator of the particular Libraries’ collection.
- University of Minnesota Law School affiliates should use the Law Library’s Scan on Demand service.
- Other fee based document services for those not affiliated with the University are listed here.
- If a needed item is checked out, library users will be prompted to fill out an Interlibrary Loan Request.
- Special borrowers and Friends of the Libraries should contact 612-624-3321 or email email@example.com.
- Information necessary to recall: borrower’s card number, title, item call number, and pickup location
MLAC (Minnesota Library Access Center)
- A high-density storage space for important, but less frequently used, collections owned by the University of Minnesota and other libraries throughout Minnesota.
- Students, faculty, and staff can request items stored in MLAC using Get It.
- All other users can request materials using the MLAC Paging Request Form.
- Non-circulating items must be requested in advance, and can only be viewed or copied on-site in the Archives and Special Collections Reading Room.