Meet the Peer Research Consultants

For the 2015-2016 school year the University Libraries have four Peer Research Consultants to help you find the information you need to write a great paper. Learn more about them below!

Akshina B Profile picture

Akshina Banerjee

I am a junior double majoring in Economics and Linguistics and minoring in Math. I love having a broad view on various issues - a trait which will be essential as a PRC. I am an international student (from India) and I just completed a summer study abroad in Germany, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Turkey. That is why, I feel I am a person with a global outlook. Beyond academics, I love to read, dance and travel!

Jalikatu B profile picture

Jalikatu Barry

My name is JJ Barry and I am currently a Senior majoring in Political Science and double minoring in Spanish and English Literature. During my free time I love to spend time with friends and family. I love traveling to new countries and learning about different cultures, traditions and trying new types of food. I hope to continue to do so in the future. This is my second year and being a PRC has helped me become a better researcher. I am excited to work with other students and pass on ideas and tips that I have learned.

Mariah Berner PRC

Mariah Berner

I am a sophomore this year double majoring in Biology, Society, and Environment and Psychology. Currently, I am also thinking of minoring in Public Health. I am on the pre-med track, but at the same time keeping my options open. This is my first year being a PRC and I am looking forward to what the year brings. I have had practice in researching through previous writing courses and the sciences. Outside of class I enjoy being outside, playing the viola, and spending time with family and friends.

Emily Young PRC

Emily Young

I am an aspiring physician and senior studying Biology, Society, and Environment with minors in Chemistry and Philosophy. A lover of both hard and social sciences, I have extensive experience writing everything from lab reports to critical analysis papers. In my free time I love to travel, squirrel watch, pet willing animals, and destress by pulling out my guitar and writing songs. I'm also an ambassador and elementary school tutor, so I'm very excited to work with you!

For more information about the Peer Research Consultant Program contact Andrew Palahniuk at 612-624-0365 or

Peer Research Consultant Home | Schedule | About the Program