Library materials automatically renew from the date of the original loan until they reach a maximum final due date. A courtesy email is sent before the final due date, after which items must be brought into the library to extend the loan.
Maximum Renewal Limits
- U of M Faculty, Staff, Graduate Students and Retirees - 2 years
- U of M Undergraduates - 6 months
- Special Privilege and Friends of the Library Borrowers - 3 months
- Periodicals (All borrowers) - 3 weeks
- Different renewal policies may apply to maps, reserve materials, music recordings and scores, 3-day loans, Learning Resources Center materials, and Law Library materials.
- Recalls placed on checked out items become due within seven days.
- Expiration of borrowing privileges prohibits additional renewals.
Please note: Interlibrary Loan items must be renewed through your ILLiad Account (U of M faculty, staff, and students only).