Due to the closure of all University Libraries, we are making the following changes, until further notice:
All materials are being set to renew indefinitely, and we will not be assessing any overdue fines. Additionally, no existing fines will be transferred to student accounts. If you have concerns about due dates and/or fines, please contact email@example.com.
We are not accepting any applications for borrowing privileges at this time. If you have concerns about your borrowing account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special borrowing privileges may be obtained if a member of one of the categories listed below. Eligible candidates should submit a completed special borrower's application and a copy of required documentation (as indicated) to the Libraries borrowing privileges office (see address right).
- Faculty of accredited institutions of higher education. Copy of appointment letter or contract for the current academic year required.
- Faculty, staff, undergraduate, & graduate students with reciprocal borrowing cards from BTAA (formerly called CIC). Authentication on BTAA website, or BTAA card, required.
- Graduate students of accredited institutions which are NOT members of the MINITEX or CLIC library networks. Copy of fee statement or course registration for the current academic term required.
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (formerly called MnSCU) undergraduate & graduate students. Referral form available from applicant's home library required. Includes:
- Government agencies (federal, municipal, & state) located in the state of Minnesota (one card per location).
Special borrowing privileges include:
- 50 check-out limit
- Up to 3 months loan period
- Recall privileges
- Get It book delivery privileges
- On-site access (using University of Minnesota Twin Cities Libraries workstations) to e-resources and databases is available for special privileges borrowers, but not remote access.