Special borrowing privileges may be obtained if a member of one of the categories listed below. Eligible candidates should submit a completed Special Borrower's Application and a copy of required documentation (as indicated) to the Libraries Borrowing Privileges Office (see address right).
- Faculty of other accredited institutions of higher education. Copy of appointment letter or contract for the current academic year required.
- Faculty with reciprocal borrowing cards from CIC or OCLC.
- Graduate students of accredited institutions which are NOT members of the MINITEX or CLIC library networks. Copy of fee statement or course registration for the current academic term required.
- MnSCU undergraduate and graduate students. Referral form available from applicant's home library required. Includes:
- Government agencies located in the state of Minnesota (one card per location)
Special Borrowing Privileges include:
- 50 check-out limit
- Up to 3 months loan period
- Recall privileges
- Get It book delivery privileges
- On-site access to University Libraries databases is available for Special Privileges borrowers, but not the remote access.