Stressed out about finals? Come study with us! Extended walk-in tutoring hours, review workshops, free practice exams, and a relaxed Saturday of preparation and snacks have all been planned for you.
See you there!
EXAM JAM SATURDAYS
Work with knowledgeable peers to jump start your finals prep week. Snacks and free selected practice exams will also be available.
***NEW THIS SEMESTER*** ExamJam tutoring through the SMART Learning Commons is coordinated with final exam review workshops. See the full schedule here (PDF).
April 30, 2016
9am - 1pm at MCAE Instructional Center (140 Appleby Hall)
Breakfast and lunch provided
May 7, 2016
1pm - 3:30pm in Bruininks Hall 131A and Bruininks Hall 412.
Culminating prize drawings for students working with tutors.
Walk-in tutoring/consulting is available through the last day of classes, and schedules are posted at the links below.
EXAM PREP WORKSHOPS (selected courses)
SMART's trained Peer-Assisted Learning facilitators lead a series of content review workshops focusing on core concepts from the corresponding course. Registration (via the link below) does not guarantee a spot but will help us determine materials needed. We can only seat up until the room's capacity is reached, so arrive early!
***NEW THIS SEMESTER*** Peer Learning Consultants will be on hand immediately following the workshops to tutor interested students in subjects covered in the workshops.
All workshops held Saturday, May 7.
MATH 1031: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Bruininks 512A
- Topics: Probability, Factoring, Chapter 0, FOILing, Logarithms, Transformations & Graphs, Word Problems
MATH 1142: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Bruininks 512B
- Topics: Limits, Differentiation, Product, Chain, Quotient Rules, Log Differentiation, Integration, Optimization, U-Substitution, Graphing polynomials
MATH 1271: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Bruininks 412
- Topics: Chain Rule, Solids of Revolution, Log Differentiation, U-Substitution, Optimization, L'hôpital Limits, Related Rates
CHEM 1061: 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM Bruininks 131B
- Topics: Thermo-chemistry, Equation Work: limiting reactants and identifying types of reactions
CHEM 1062: 11:00 PM to 1:00 PM Bruininks 131A
- Topics: Equilibrium, Kinetics, Acid/base titrations and equilibriums, buffer systems, Thermo-dynamics, Electro-chemistry
CSCI 1133: 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM Keller 3-115
- Topics: For-loops, Recursion, Lists, Dictionaries, String formatting, FILE IO, Classes, Inheritance
PHYS 1302W: 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Bruininks 131B
- Topics: Electric fields of discrete/continuous charge distribution, RC circuits & other circuitry concepts, magnetic fields due to moving charges/ steady currents, Coulomb's Law, Gauss' Law, Biot-Savart Law.
Exam Jam is presented by the SMART Learning Commons and the Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE).