Due to security upgrades, we will no longer support Internet Explorer version 8 or older. Please use a newer browser.
Campus and Student Organizations
Archives and Special Collections are open by appointment only, limited to UMN affiliates. Appointments must be made one week in advance of your visit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or the curator of the collecting area you wish to use. We continue to provide scans of requested research materials when possible, especially for our non-campus clientele.
The Archives collections include records of groups associated with the University including student, alumni, staff, and faculty organizations. Publications such as newspapers, newsletters, journals, books by or about the organization.
- Administrative records.
- Annual and other reports.
- Budgets and financial summary documents.
- Charters and by-laws.
- Directories or lists of officers and members.
- Mission statements.
- Meeting minutes.
- Photographs, film and video. All formats, documenting University activities, functions, facilities, and its faculty, staff and students. Must be identified in some way (such as dates, names, or captions).
- Posters, flyers, announcements, tickets, programs.
- Publications. May include newsletters, newspapers, brochures, books by or about the organization.
- Websites. URL must contain umn.edu/ or be domain owned by the University.