Walter Library Great Hall and Basement
Computers are available to support teaching, learning and research and offer a variety of software.
View the Library Software and Hardware list.
We also offer computer access for visitors not affiliated with the university.
SMART Learning Commons
The SMART Learning Commons specializes in providing access to computers that have software and hardware for multimedia production, media viewing, and AV conversion.
View the SMART Learning Commons Software List.
OIT Computer Lab
The Office of Information and Technology has a general purpose lab in Room 103. College of Science and Engineering Students may print from this lab without additional cost. Double-sided and color printing is also available.
View the OIT Labs Software List.
Map of Computers and Printing
- Add value to your UCard or GopherGold Card if needed. See options in table below.
- B/W Printing cost: $0.12 per page, single-sided (Note: double-sided printing costs $0.24 per page or $0.12 per side)
- Color Printing available in the Great Hall and OIT Computer Lab (room 103): $1.00 per page, single-side.
- Print your document (File > Print) from any Walter computer.
- Enter a job name and ID. You do not need to use a university ID, just a name that you will recognize when you retrieve your print job.
- With your UCard or GopherGold card, go to one of the on the 2nd floor (see map, above).
- Swipe your UCard or GopherGold card on the keyboard next to the printer.
- Pick your print job from a list on the screen next to the printer. The cost will appear on the bottom of the screen.
- Click "Print" to accept, and then "Log out".
Wireless printing is available on the second floor of Walter Library. Set up your computer in three easy steps.
Adding value to your UCard
Purchase a re-usable GopherGold Card at any Value Port for $1.00. Additional money is required for printing.
Add value to your card with one of the following options:
|Use a Value Port to add cash to your UCard (visitors must purchase a Gopher Gold card).
Value Ports are located outside room 208 or on the basement level outside the library entrance.
A minimum $10 deposit (plus $2 fee) is required for each transaction.
Or go to: https://www.gophergold.umn.edu/ to read more about the GopherGold system.
|The UCard Office can accept many forms of payment, including a paper check.
Visit the UCard Office website for locations.
Scanning and Copying
Scanners are available at the SMART Learning Commons (204) and the OIT Computer Lab (103). For help learning how to scan documents or photos contact the SMART Learning Commons for assistance.