Professional Skills Portfolio Program
Their strongest applicants have
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Interpersonal communication skills
Their new hires have room for growth in
- Understanding cultural perspectives
- Writing effectively
Sample learning opportunities:
Your path to develop and showcase a variety of workplace skillsEmployers want to know that you have the non-technical skills they value, to complement knowledge in your major. Through the self-paced Professional Skills Portfolio Program, you can broaden those skills and highlight them to give your resume a boost.
Key skill areas PSPP will help you develop:
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Interpersonal skills and Cultural awareness
- Presentation skills
- Technical writing
- Information seeking
- Project management
Through the Professional Skills Portfolio Program, you will gain:
- Pointers to opportunities—both online and across campus—for developing your professional skills. You choose which areas to concentrate on and which learning opportunities fit your needs.
- A month-by-month guide to the six skill areas, with reminder emails.
- Help in choosing a portfolio platform and quickly creating an online portfolio to showcase your soft skills and accomplishments.