University Libraries

Walter Library

11:00am - 6:00pm

Wireless Printing in Walter Library FAQ

Wireless Printing in Walter Library

Can I print from my laptop? Where?

Yes! This is a pilot project and is only available for Windows PCs in Walter Library. We hope to expand wireless printing services in the future. You can print from anywhere in the Science and Engineering Library in Walter Library and pick up your documents at either printer on the 2nd floor.

Can Mac users print wirelessly?

Not yet, but we hope to offer Mac wireless printing in the future. In the meantime, if you have a Mac, you can print files using VMWare Fusion, Parallels, or another Windows emulator.

Where can I find instructions on how to print?

There are paper handouts at the reference and circulation desks and the instructions are also online on Walter Library’s computers and printing page.

Where can I print from and where do I pick up my documents?

You can print anywhere inside Walter Library if you are connected to the U of M secure or U of M public networks. If you would like to send a print job outside of Walter Library, you must be connected to our network via U of M Secure or using Vritual Private Network (VPN). In either case, you may retrieve your documents from either printer on the second floor of Walter Library; print jobs stay in the queue for 2 hours.

Why can't I download the print driver?

You must be connected via U of M Secure or using Virtual Private Network Software (VPN) to download the print driver, not the U of M public wireless network.

Who do I contact if I’m having trouble using this service?

As this is a pilot project, technical assistance is unavailable. However, if you ask at the reference or circulation desk, we’ll do our best to help. Downloading the print driver to your computer is your risk and responsibility. The University of Minnesota Libraries are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your computer as a result of downloading this program.