Wilson Library will be open for extended studying during Finals. For Spring 2017 semester, the basement study space will be open for University of Minnesota students, faculty and staff from Saturday, May 6th at 8am through Saturday May 13th at 6pm with you U Card.

U Card ReaderU Card Reader

What is open 24/7?

The basement level of Wilson Library is open for extended studying during Finals 24/7. Other floors, books and collections in Wilson will be closed from midnight to 7:00 am and no books can be checked out.

How do I get access to the extended study space? Do I need my UCard?

If you are already in Wilson at midnight you will be asked to move to the basement level study area. If you want to enter the building between midnight and 7:00am you need to swipe your UCard in the card reader outside the first floor entrance (right side of main doors). Then proceed down the stairs to the basement entrance. If you need an accessible entrance, please contact 4-9255.

Can I get an escort 24/7 or Gopher Chauffeur when I leave?

Yes! Please take advantage of the campus safety services. Campus Security Monitor Escort An escort is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please call 4-WALK (4-9255) if you would like an escort. The escort area covers all campuses and locations within a mile of campus. Most nights, 12-15 security escorts are on hand. Security monitors speak 20+ languages, including Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Somali, Swahili and Nepali. Gopher Chauffeur The Gopher Chauffeur is a free transportation service that promotes safety in the campus community by providing University of Minnesota students with safe rides home. We operate from 10:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. The service is open to all University of Minnesota-Twin Cities students. Gopher Chauffeur drivers, navigators, and dispatchers are hired by Boynton Health Service. All employees are University of Minnesota-Twin Cities students who are CPR certified and trained in first aid. Please call 612-388-6911 for a ride.