2021 Summer Reading Challenge - Summer Road Trip
Submitted your completed road trip here! (opens in a new tab)
Download the Summer Reading Road Trip map here! (opens in a new tab)
Road Trip Guidelines:
- Pick a classic American road trip route from the map and read one page per one mile.
- Advance a mile marker dot for approximately every 200 pages you read to mark your progress.
- Great Northern: 3,000 pages/miles (15 marker dots)
- Rocky Mountains: 1,600 pages/miles (8 marker dots)
- Route 66: 2,200 pages/miles (11 marker dots)
- Appalachian Trail: 1,200 pages/miles (6 marker dots)
- Questions about page counts? Check sites like Goodreads or Amazon for official page counts if you're reading an e-book or listening to an audio book.
- Feel welcome to complete more than one route! Each route can be completed once; you can not use the same book to complete multiple routes. (Maximum 4 entries per person).
- Looking for book recommendations? Try our nifty book matchmaking service at z.umn.edu/bookmatch (opens in a new tab)
- Return a completed sheet to a campus library location or submit your route completion information at z.umn.edu/reads21 (opens in a new tab) before September 12th to be entered in a prize drawing.
- Questions? Comments? Contact us at email@example.com
The following resources are currently available only to current UMN students, staff, and faculty due to COVID-19. Updated Libraries information can be found on our Libraries during COVID-19 page.
The Basement Alcove Display in Wilson Library across from the coffee shop
The McCollister Collection of Popular Literature on the first floor of Wilson library
The Popular Reading Collection in the Great Hall at Walter Library
Questions? Comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Displays in the Wilson Library basement
From Our Collections
The From Our Collections Display features titles from the University of Minnesota Libraries collections centered around a theme. The display features pictures of book covers and call numbers. Physical copies of the books are available on the shelf or through a Get It request.
Basement Alcove Display
The Basement Alcove Display consists of books from the general collection in Wilson Library. These books are chosen surrounding a theme and are available for checkout.