On Saturday, January 13, 2018, from 1 to 5 p.m. the University of Minnesota Libraries will sponsor its annual "Gopherbaloo," a History Day help event modeled on History Day Hullabaloos organized by the Minnesota Historical Society. Last year over 300 students from grade 6 to 12 came to Wilson Library to take advantage of the Library's rich resources.
Students who attend the Wilson Library Gopherbaloo have the opportunity to take advantage of:
- One-on-one mentor support with University of Minnesota undergraduate and graduate students;
- Mini-lessons offered on various History Day topics;
- Enhanced research support from librarians
- Sample projects will help students create exhibits, documentaries, performances, websites, and papers
Other advantages for researchers who attend the Gopherbaloo:
- Access to the largest collection of library resources in the state of Minnesota;
- Lessons on using primary sources offered by our Government Information Librarian
- Inexpensive ($6/day) weekend parking rate in the 21st Avenue Ramp; See: Directions to Campus
- Free copies
- Parent lounge with complimentary refreshments
- Research fun and raffle drawings!
This event is sponsored by:
- The Minnesota Historical Society
- University of Minnesota History Department
- The University of Minnesota Libraries
We hope to see you at this year's Gopherbaloo on Saturday, January 13, 2018 from 1-5 p.m.