For a complete listing of jobs, including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions, please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
Student job postings for the University Libraries are posted through the Office of Human Resources under Student Job Postings. We hire hundreds of students each year all across campus with a wide variety of duties depending on the location and the job. For example, a student might:
- Shelve books and materials.
- Help students and other library patrons with using the Libraries and finding sources.
- Work in one of our Archives sorting materials, scanning, or helping researcher use the materials.
- Work in the underground storage caverns processing materials with our partner Minitex.
- Our Peer Research Consultants tutor students one-on-one on finding sources and academic library research skills.
- Our SMART Learning Commons Student Media Consultants provide help to fellow students on media production including using and checking out video equipment.
If you have any questions about a particular job listed, please direct your inquiries to the "hiring authority" listed on the job posting.