For a complete listing of jobs (including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions) please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Student Jobs -- We are hiring!
Here are some of our current openings:
SMART Learning Consultants Student Media Consultants -- 10-15 openings
- Work in Wilson and Walter Libraries and help students with computer technical support, student media support including use of video cameras, lights and microphones, and student research. For a complete job description, please visit https://www.lib.umn.edu/media/employment. To apply send resume, cover letter and available hours to work to Jennifer Veile at email@example.com.
In addition, we hire students for other duties depending on the location and the job. For example:
- Work in one of our Archives sorting materials, scanning, or helping researcher use the materials.
- Work in the underground storage caverns processing materials with our partner Minitex.
- Our Peer Research Consultants tutor students one-on-one on finding sources and academic library research skills.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Archives & Special Collections Metadata Librarian
- Cartographic & Monographic Metadata Librarian
- Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to inquire about building an internship.