For a complete listing of jobs (including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions) please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Assistant Curator for the Wangensteen Historical Library of Biology and Medicine
- Developer 2 (Mobile Developer)
- Reference Instruction & Cooperative Purchasing Associate Director
- Scholarly Communication Librarian & Research Services Coordinator for Physical Sciences & Engineering
Student Job in Archives in Andersen Library (West bank)
- We are seeking a service orientated individual with a desire to help others learn about history and work with primary sources in all topics and/or languages. Duties include monitoring researchers in reading room, photocopying, data entry, research, or assessing collections of historical records.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and follow detailed instructions with consistent accuracy. Ability to read or speak a foreign language a plus. There is room for advancement over time.
- Need to be available to work 6-10 hours a week and able to work over summer.
- To apply please send cover letter, resume, and class scheudle to Mary Blissenbach email@example.com
Updated 2017-01-27: Seeking two or three Student Media Consultants in the SMART Learning Commons
Help students with basic video editing, graphic design and troubleshooting. Process incoming requests for media equipment and circulate equipment.
- Student Media Consultant Position Description
- Learn about the SMART Learning Commons
- Students with a Work Study Award strongly preferred. $10.00/hour. A minimum of 8 hours/wk required.
- To apply, email a resume and a copy of your current class schedule and work schedule to Charlie Heinz (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Student positions in Wilson Library (West Bank)!
Work in Access and Information Services in the largest library on campus.
- Job duties include sorting and shelving books in Wilson and in the Ames and East Asian libraries, book searching, working in the stacks, and other projects as assigned.
- Work study preferred. Starting pay is $9.50/hour. A minimum of 10 hours per week is required.
- To apply, email a resume, cover letter and copy of your available hours to Ashley Merrill (email@example.com) and Mark Engelmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We hire hundreds of students each year in many different positions including:
- Work in busy Wilson, Walter, Bio-Med or Magrath - pulling and shelving books, helping patrons and more.
- Work in one of our Archives sorting materials, scanning, or helping researchers use the materials.
- Work in the underground storage caverns processing materials with our partner Minitex.
- Our Peer Research Consultants tutor students one-on-one on finding sources and academic library research skills.
- Work as a media consultant in the SMART Learning Commons Media Services and help students on their video projects. Student job postings for the University Libraries are posted through the Office of Human Resources under Student Job Postings (Select "TLIB Libraries, University" under "College.")
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to inquire about building an internship.