For a complete listing of jobs (including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions) please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Clinical Information Librarian
- Scholarly Communication Librarian & Research Services Coordinator for Physical Sciences & Engineering
- Social Sciences & Professional Programs Department Director
Hiring Peer Learning Consultants (a.k.a. Peer Tutors) for Fall 2017
- Apply to be a Peer Learning Consultant (a.k.a. peer tutor) for 2017-2018!
- Qualifications: Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Grade of "A" in the course(s) in which you hope to specialize/tutor.
- Students with work study strongly preferred with $10.50/hr initial pay; salary increases with training and experience. Approximately 8-12 hours per week.
- Priority application deadline is Friday, April 7th at 4:30PM. Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered on an as-needed basis. Apply at the SMART Learning Commons website. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Student Job in Archives in Andersen Library (West bank)
- We are seeking a service orientated individual with a desire to help others learn about history and work with primary sources in all topics and/or languages. Duties include monitoring researchers in reading room, photocopying, data entry, research, or assessing collections of historical records.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and follow detailed instructions with consistent accuracy. Ability to read or speak a foreign language a plus. There is room for advancement over time.
- Need to be available to work 6-10 hours a week and able to work over summer.
- To apply please send cover letter, resume, and class scheudle to Mary Blissenbach (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Updated 2017-01-27: Seeking two or three Student Media Consultants in the SMART Learning Commons
Help students with basic video editing, graphic design and troubleshooting. Process incoming requests for media equipment and circulate equipment.
- Student Media Consultant Position Description
- Learn about the SMART Learning Commons
- Students with a Work Study Award strongly preferred. $10.00/hour. A minimum of 8 hours/wk required.
- To apply, email a resume and a copy of your current class schedule and work schedule to Charlie Heinz (email@example.com.)
We hire hundreds of students each year in many different positions including:
- Work in busy Wilson, Walter, Bio-Med or Magrath - pulling and shelving books, helping patrons and more.
- Work in one of our Archives sorting materials, scanning, or helping researchers use the materials.
- Work in the underground storage caverns processing materials with our partner Minitex.
- Our Peer Research Consultants tutor students one-on-one on finding sources and academic library research skills.
- Work as a media consultant in the SMART Learning Commons Media Services and help students on their video projects. Student job postings for the University Libraries are posted through the Office of Human Resources under Student Job Postings (Select "TLIB Libraries, University" under "College.")
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to inquire about building an internship.