For a complete listing of jobs (including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions) please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Digital Scholarship Librarian
- Publishing Services Librarian
- Special Collections Metadata Librarian
- User Interface Developer 2
- We are looking to fill summer hours (up to 35 hours per week are available), with potential to stay on during the school year. Hours available Monday - Friday. Can start immediately. Starts at $9.50 per hour with opportunity for increase.
- The job includes delivering books, mail and materials all over campus (both Minneapolis and St. Paul), throughout the University Libraries System.
- Driving of University vehicles is included. Valid drivers license and clean driving record required. Must be able to lift and carry 70 lbs.
- To apply, email a cover letter or resume, and your available start date / work hours to Dave Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We hire hundreds of students each year in many different positions including:
- Work in busy Wilson, Walter, Bio-Med or Magrath - pulling and shelving books, helping patrons and more.
- Work in one of our Archives sorting materials, scanning, or helping researchers use the materials.
- Work in the underground storage caverns processing materials with our partner Minitex.
- Our Peer Research Consultants tutor students one-on-one on finding sources and academic library research skills.
- Work as a media consultant in the SMART Learning Commons Media Services and help students on their video projects. Student job postings for the University Libraries are posted through the Office of Human Resources under Student Job Postings (Select "TLIB Libraries, University" under "College.")
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to inquire about building an internship.