For a complete listing of jobs, including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions, please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Archives & Special Collections Metadata Librarian
- Cartographic & Monographic Metadata Librarian
- Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services
We hire hundreds of students each year all across campus with a wide variety of duties depending on the location and the job. For example, a student might:
- Shelve books and materials.
- Help students and other library patrons with using the Libraries and finding sources.
- Work in one of our Archives sorting materials, scanning, or helping researcher use the materials.
- Work in the underground storage caverns processing materials with our partner Minitex.
- Our Peer Research Consultants tutor students one-on-one on finding sources and academic library research skills.
- Our SMART Learning Commons Student Media Consultants provide help to fellow students on media production including using and checking out video equipment.
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to inquire about building an internship.