For a complete listing of jobs (including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions) please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Associate University Librarian for Content & Collections
- Clinical Information Librarian
- Engineering Liaison Librarian & Innovation Support Services Functional Lead
- Government Publications & Regional Depository Librarian
- Public Health Liaison & Data Curation Specialist
- Publishing Services Librarian
- Research Services Coordinator/Engineering Liaison Librarian
Student Jobs -- We are hiring!
St. Paul Minitex (Minnesota Network of Libraries) is hiring!
- The student will find items, make copies and send articles electronically. This position has minimal supervision and is very independent.
- The job requires travel from Minitex (in Andersen Library on West Bank) to Magrath, Natural Resource Library and VetMed libraries in St. Paul.
- Available shifts: Monday and Wednesdays 1-4pm and Tuesday and Thursdays 8:30am-12pm. Work Study preferred with a pay rate at $9/hour.
- To apply, email a resume, cover letter and your available work hours to Jessica Schumacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Come work for Access and Information Services in Wilson Library!
- The jobs include sorting and shelving books in Wilson Library, the Ames Library of South Asian and the East Asian libraries, Get It book request searches, stack and collection maintenance, and other projects as assigned.
- Work Study required with a pay rate at $9/hour.
- We are looking to fill within these times: Monday 12pm-4pm, Wednesday 8am-3pm, Thurdsay 11am-3pm, and Saturdays and Sundays.
- To apply, email a resume, cover letter and your available work hours to Bill Pederson (email@example.com) and Ashley Merrill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other example jobs from the U Libraries include:
Student job postings for the University Libraries are posted through the Office of Human Resources under Student Job Postings (Select "TLIB Libraries, University" under "College.")
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to inquire about building an internship.