For a complete listing of jobs (including Civil Service, Academic, Student, and Graduate Assistant positions) please visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.
Current Professional Opportunities
The following professional positions are currently available at the University Libraries:
- Associate University Librarian for Content & Collections
- Archives & Special Collections Metadata Librarian
- Clinical Information Librarian
- Digital Repositories Archivist
- Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services
- Manager, East Bank Operations
- Plant Sciences Librarian
- Public Health Liaison & Data Curation Specialist
- Research Service Coordinator/Liaison Librarian
- Social Sciences and Professional Programs Librarian
Student Jobs -- We are hiring!
Come work for Access and Information Services in Wilson Library!
- The jobs include sorting and shelving books in Wilson Library, the Ames Library of South Asian and the East Asian libraries, Get It book request searches, stack and collection maintenance, and other projects as assigned.
- We prefer but don't require Work study with a pay rate at $9/hour.
- We have hours available throughout the schedule, but are looking to fill these specific shifts.
Monday 7-9am, Tuesday 7-10am and 11-1p, Wednesday 12-3p, Thursday 9a-11a, and Saturday 5p-9p
- To apply, email a resume, cover letter and your available work hours to Bill Pederson (email@example.com) and Ashley Merrill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other example jobs from the U Libraries include:
Student job postings for the University Libraries are posted through the Office of Human Resources under Student Job Postings (Select "TLIB Libraries, University" under "College.")
Students from all Library and Information Science degree programs are welcome to complete internships at the University of Minnesota. Current opportunities are listed below, or contact a librarian or the HR office to inquire about building an internship.