Work for the University Libraries
All are welcome at the University Libraries! We are committed to being a safe, open environment, for learners and employees alike. Our student job pay rates start at the University minimum wage and are dependent on qualifications.
Student library assistant
Assist patrons at service desks, check in/out books, shelve books, search library databases, open and close the library
Must be able to work Summer and Fall 2021. Must have availability to work early mornings, late nights and weekends.
Customer service skills: friendly, open, helpful, independent and self-motivated on the job, attention to detail
How to apply
Send resume and work availability to email@example.com
|Hours/week||10 to 15|
Peer Research Consultant
- consult one-on-one with undergraduate students to support their library research
- prepare feedback on research strategies
- help students identify the appropriate research resources (databases, guides, etc.) needed to successfully complete their research assignments
- guide students through the various faculty-sponsored research opportunities available on campus, including locating faculty, investigating past projects, and how to apply
- must have successfully completed Writing 1301/1401 or equivalent with a B or higher grade
- experience working in a diverse setting
- effective communication skills and interpersonal skills as relevant to working with individuals and small groups in academic support at the University of Minnesota
- acceptance and current enrollment at the University of Minnesota as an undergraduate student.
- ability to work independently
- strong writing and speaking skills
- experience with email communications and Google Docs
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and faculty/mentor/instructor reference to Andrew Palahniuk (firstname.lastname@example.org). Position starts Fall Semester, 2021.
|Location||Online and/or at various campus locations|
|Buildings||Walter Library, Wilson Library, Appleby Hall, Health Sciences Library|
|Department||University Libraries and SMART Learning Commons|
|Hours/week||up to 10|
|Work study||Not Required|