The University Libraries policies allow library users to have limited access to food and drink. Please respect the following guidelines:
- Use tops or lids on beverage containers (coffee cups with lids, twist top bottles, travel mugs).
- Do not bring in greasy, sticky, crumbly or aromatic foods.
- Use care when consuming food and drink while using computers and library materials.
- Dispose of food and drink containers in trash bins or recycling bins.
- Alert library staff about any spills or messes. Food residue attracts insects and rodents.
Individuals failing to comply with these guidelines may be asked to leave the library. The Libraries reserve the right to suspend these guidelines for special library events.
Some library locations have unique or at-risk resources and may have additional food and drink restrictions. Consult with library staff if you have any questions.
Several libraries have coffee shops and vending areas. We encourage you to consume food in those areas.