Student job opportunities
Student employees play a vital role in keeping the library functional. Come join our team!
Work for the University Libraries
The University of Minnesota Libraries hires hundreds of students in many types of jobs all over campus. Whether you enjoy working with books, people, technology, or all of the above, a job in the Libraries can help prepare you for success. Check out our jobs listed below.
All are welcome at the University Libraries! We are committed to being a safe, open environment, for learners and employees alike. Our student job pay rates start at the University minimum wage and are dependent on qualifications.
Get updates about new openings
Back to top
Student Library Shipping Assistant
- West Bank, Wilson Library
- Library Facilities & Operations Management
- 20+ hours a week
- Work study
- Not required
This position includes delivering books, mail, and materials
all over campus (both Minneapolis and St. Paul) throughout the University
Libraries system. You will
- assist library units with daily shipping and mailing needs,
- receive incoming shipments,
- sort and deliver mail and materials,
- assist with various projects transporting materials between library locations.
- ability to drive University vehicles,
- valid driver's license,
- clean driving record,
- ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- be available to work in shifts of 3-4 hours at a time.
- strong data entry skills,
- attention to detail,
- strong interpersonal communication skills,
- strong problem solving skills,
- ability to multitask.
Back to top
Check back for upcoming opportunities.